Director of Engineering InterContinental Budapest
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Hungary, Budapest, Budapest
Job number: EMEAA20915
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As Engineering Director you’ll direct the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members – making sure all activities are delivered safely and with compliance. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep hotels always looking their best.
- Ensure the effective financial management of the engineering department by setting maintenance budget, capital works programs and engineering plans
- Contribute to the hotel’s profitability by ensuring the effective management of the building’s environmental controls and energy conservation systems
- Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of all engineering support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property
- Direct daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Develop the team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- Ensure the staff awareness of energy management within the property by conducting regular education and training programs on energy conservation and matters related to efficient operation of equipment in a cost-effective fashion
- Ensure the safety and comfort of guests and that any requests for service are handled in a courteous and efficient fashion
- Use a maintenance programme to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests
- Plan, implement and administer an energy management program by establishing energy reduction objectives, the maintenance of records and regular reporting of performance against these objectives
- Ensure adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures for each project
- Oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- Ensure the effective operation of all the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program
What we need from you
- Minimum 6 years professional experience in building maintenance and/or construction preferably gained in hotels
- Fluent written and oral language skills in Hungarian and English
- Up to date knowledge of the local statutory regulations of fire life safety and building maintenance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Goal-oriented personality
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.