Demi Chef de Partie (Club Lounge/IRD - International Cuisine) at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Otel Markası: InterContinental Hotels
Yer: Birleşik Arap Emirlikleri, AE-FU, Fujairah
Otel: InterContinental - Fujairah Resort (FJRAE)
Job number: EMEAA20911
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Assist Sous Chef to direct the operation of the Club Lounge & IRD kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled. Some of your day to day responsibilities are:
- Assist Sous Chef to implement procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of Outlet kitchen
- Assist Sous Chef to manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Assist Sous Chef to issues recipes and maintains updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Assist Sous Chef to develop new dishes and products
- Take steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, markets, and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
- Assist Sous Chef to develop popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
What we need from you
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Commis 1 Chef, or currently hold the position of Demi Chef.
- Experience in a 5-star hotel/resort is preferable.
- Vast knowledge of Mediterranean culinary practices, menus, and offerings.
- Good level of written and verbal Business English.
- Preferably the candidate who is available in the UAE.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, etc.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.