Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH), 3315 Peachtree Rd. Ne, 30326
Job number: 100821
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
- Creating a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest’s experience.
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests.
- Work with your restaurant colleagues to offer a seamless food service.
- Set up your bar – stock up on all the supplies you’ll need, manage your inventory and make sure all your equipment works.
- Change beer barrels.
- Look after your bar – keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
- Always follow safety procedures.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and kneeling.
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg).
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experienced – you’ll know how to prepare a wide range of drinks. Ideally with formal bartending training.
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.