Barmen (Yarı Zamanlı) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Otel Markası: Holiday Inn
Konum: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Texas, San Antonio
Otel: Holiday Inn - San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW)
İş numarası: R185560
Do you see yourself as a Bartender? What's your passion? Whether you're into skydiving, scrapbooking or bird watching, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.
Your day to day
At Holiday Inn® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
- Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
What can you expect to do while working day to day?
- Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and utilize up-selling skills to maximize revenues.
- Obtain, count and secure bartender’s bank; receive cash and credit payments from customers; give accurate change and balance cash drawer at end of shift.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Prepare beverages requested by customers. Adhere to established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant(s) for bar/lounge guests if applicable.
- Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift side-work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.). Requisition all necessary supplies.
- Inventory unused liquor and beverages. Ensure that all liquor is properly secured before, during, and at close of shift.
- Inspect bar daily for cleanliness and attractiveness and inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation. Sweep and mop bar floor after shift. Wipe down counters, equipment, stools, chairs, tables, and other areas as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments. Formal bartending training preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc). Moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen. Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, describing cocktail items, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.