Banquet Server (On-call) | InterContinental Miami Downtown
Otel Markası: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R191393
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As a Banquet Service On-Call, you’ll welcome our guests. You will provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet/catering functions while creating a memorable experience for all meeting attendees, meeting planners, and all guest.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; time the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Perform pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
- Clear tables after service. Remove trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests promptly and professionally to ensure guest satisfaction; notify supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include assisting with set up and break down of function space, and plating of meals.
What we need from you
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of banquet operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, etc.)
- Moving about the function areas.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, wait staff, and supervisors.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled