Head Pastry Chef - InterContinental London Park Lane
โรงแรม: InterContinental - London Park Lane (LONHB)
Job number: R186976
InterContinental London Park Lane are looking for a Head Pastry Chef to join our growing team.
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the InterContinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
Our Head Pastry Chef is accountable for the full Pastry Kitchen operation including production, cleanliness and safe systems of work in a single kitchen and works alongside the team and ensures the food is received by the guest in a timely manner to the quality expected.
Our Head Pastry Chefs ensures all food, from a conference booking or a ticket from our restaurant is received in a timely manner to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded with flair.
Head Chefs communicates both internally within the Food & Beverage team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalized and always exceeds expectation monitoring all Kitchen Stations, to ensure the highest quality
Working as a Head Pastry Chef you will ensure all Chefs and Kitchen team members are trained and maintaining IHG standards, you will manage the day today team with the support of the Executive Head Chef, you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what’s in for you:
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package
- Competitive, Salary
- 130 Hour guaranteed monthly hours, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Head Pastry Chef, you will need:
- To have managed Pastry section of a kitchen for 3 or more years within a global hotel brand or restaurant of a 5* nature
- Must have large events experience,
- Must have experience of 5-star hotel food outlets eg Afternoon Tea, Events, room service and Restaurants.
- Have a good knowledge of either or both chocolate work and sugar work.
- Is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
Do you have what it takes to be our Head Pastry Chef? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.