Crowne Meeting Director - Crowne Plaza Muscat OCEC
แบรนด์โรงแรม: Crowne Plaza
ที่ตั้ง: โอมาน Al Wusta มัสกัต
Job number: EMEAA37197
Do you see yourself as Crowne Meeting Director? At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where YOU come in. When you’re part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too. Crowne Plaza Muscat OCEC is a business hotel, conveniently located within walking distance of the Oman Convention & Exhibition Center. The hotel is just ten minutes from Muscat International Airport, surrounded by nature and a unique Wadi (a natural waterway), the property is a perfect destination for both business and leisure travellers.
With 295 modern rooms and suites, state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities, a temperature-controlled swimming pool, a sauna, a fully equipped gym, a newly renovated spa and tennis and basketball courts, we have everything you need for a perfect stay.
Our five exceptional dining venues, including an award-winning Charm Thai Lounge & Restaurant, and Le Petit Belge, will give you an unforgettable culinary experience that will suit all tastes and occasions.
With its professional meeting rooms, foyers, a functional ballroom, a multi-level extensive parking space and a dedicated experienced team, the hotel will meet the expectations of guests attending all types of meetings and events. Whether you are on a business trip or on holiday, staying at Crowne Plaza Muscat OCEC will make you feel at home.
Your day to day
- Complete forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and up sell products and services while minimizing waste to increase revenue.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Direct day to day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guests’ meeting/banquet experience.
- In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, transportation, billing instructions and VIP services.
- Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Analyse and action against client satisfaction surveys to improve services.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advise clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact to the environment.
What we need from you
- A Bachelor's Degree/higher education qualification/equivalent in hospitality or related field
- 3+ years total experience in a catering setting or related field
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal strong skills
- Business language and tools acumen
- Direct supervisory experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic with other languages preferred.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6,000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.