Building Maintenance - General Building Repair - PM Shift Hotel
แบรนด์โรงแรม: Holiday Inn
โรงแรม: Holiday Inn - Los Angeles Gateway - Torrance (TRRCA)
Job number: R186918
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Representative you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
Your day to day
Perform repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
- Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- May also perform other minor maintenance and repairs and/or conduct preventative maintenance duties as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, a matching 401k plan, hotel discounts worldwide and much more. We will give you the chance to work at a wonderful hotel with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? If you think you can bring your passion to the role of Building Maintenance we'd like to hear from you. Please apply now.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.