Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Morocco, Ouarzazate, Skoura
Hotel: Ait Abbou (CASAI), Skoura
Job number: 117243
As Director of Finance, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the resort.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Director of Finance, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Finance department within Six Senses financial operating standards. In conjunction with the General Manager and other executives, I am a key participant in setting the strategic direction of the resort.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain effective management of the resort’s accounting practices and provide a flow of financial information and reporting to all divisions and departments, Home Office and the owners.
Prepare the annual budget and capital expenditure plan and monitor actual financial performance to budget.
- Oversee the financial transactions, including approval of purchase requisitions and orders, payments, petty cash, payroll, audit and other financial requests.
- Ensure internal controls are in place to provide compliance with financial, legislation and taxation requirements and that our financial, payroll and information systems are effective.
- Respond immediately to audit issues and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Continually improve the financial function in line with Six Senses practices.
- Commit that the Purchasing practices will meet the requirements of the Six Senses Sustainability & Eat With Six Sense platforms and guidelines.
- Undertake vendors/suppliers vetting, stocktakes and storage assessment at the required times to ensure all stock is on hand, properly stored and in line with Six Senses standards.
- Establish and deliver pre-established financial returns related to revenue generation, profitability and ROIC.
- Operate the property consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the resort.
To execute the position of Director of Finance, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and 4-8 years in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an Assistant Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- CPA preferred
- Fluent in English; I understand that additional languages are preferred.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Director of Finance at Six Senses Kasbah Ait Abbou. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses Kasbah Ait Abbou is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.