Bell Person (Full Time) - InterContinental Houston
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Hotel: Houston (HOUIT), 6750 Main Street, 77030
Job number: R207715
Do you see yourself as a Bell Person? What's your passion? Whether you're into basketball, shopping or hiking, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Revel in modern design paired with unrivaled hospitality in the heart of the Texas Medical Center at the InterContinental Houston. Adjacent to the world’s largest medical center, our hotel provides easy access to the city's top attractions with METRORail, which is within walking distance of the property. Discover Houston's fine dining, renowned international arts, and famous Museum District. Stay with Confidence in the world's first hotel with the IVP Air Filtration System.Your day to day:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence, and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive, and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories, and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
- Assist with heavy packages, coats, suitcase, etc. being alert to give assistance courteously and quickly, before having to be asked
- Maintain a willingness to please attitude and give undivided attention to any approaching guest
- Adhere to guest checking in and checking out procedures pertaining to baggage handling
- Welcome guests at the main entrance, offering the greeting appropriate to the time of day taking particular note of repeat guests and Priority Club members
- Assist arriving and departing guests by opening and closing car and taxi doors
- Maintain a spotless Porte Cochere and drive way
- Guide the guest to the Front Desk and wait behind the guest during the check-in. Keep eyes on the Front Desk Clerk who provides the signal for you to step forward and receive the room and rooming booklet from the Front Desk Clerk. Without delay, escort the guests accordingly.
- Be familiar with the layout of the hotel and memorize the preferred route for escorting guests
- Room the guest in accordance with hotel standards
- Be familiar with the lift workings and emergency stairs
- Provide information to guests about the hotel facilities and services
- Provide guest services and guidanc
- Learn and utilize names of guests, especially repeat and long staying guests and routinely greet guests as they pass through the lobby, remaining alert to situations where he can be of assistance to guests
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must be fluent in the local language. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.·
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc..
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.