Senior Conference Services Manager - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Marca do hotel: Hotéis InterContinental
Localização: unitedstates, califórnia
Hotel: InterContinental - Centro de Los Angeles (LAXHC)
Job number: USA26465
Do you see yourself as a Senior Conference Services Manager? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order.
- Work with sales staff to service and solicit new business. Up-sell client events and manage function space and room block inventory as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and implementation of the hotel’s catering and conference strategy.
- May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors, 3rd Party Suppliers. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups).
- Assist the client in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decorations, traffic flow, room set-up, group room blocks and VIP services, etc.
- Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Monitor and handle calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
- Work in a timely manner to executive and distribute all Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) and contracts as designated by sales.
- Conduct hotel and banquet facility tours and entertain qualified clients in accordance with company and property policies.
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Review daily postings of charges to master accounts of clients and resolve any discrepancies, or process necessary adjustments. Review final bill prior to presenting to client. Complete post-conference reports of events for senior management, and complete other reports as needed or requested.
- Report and communicate Meeting event needs between the client and hotel.
- Prepare and distribute amenity request forms for specified clients. Obtain designated approvals and follow-up on delivery.
- Check function room set ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotel standards. Ensure deficiencies are corrected by appropriate personnel.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Typically has accountability for coordinating larger assigned conferences, group bookings or special events in full service, luxury hotel with catering and/or convention facilities.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
2 plus years Conference Services Experience in 400 + Room Hotel. Union Experience Preferred. Opera and Delphi Knowledge Systems Preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.