Gerente de compras
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: India, Fort Barwara
Hotel: Fort Barwara (JAISS), Chauth Ka Barwara, Rajasthan, 322702
Job number: 120310
As Purchasing Manager, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness. Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses.
I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel/resort.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Director of Purchasing, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Purchasing function to provide exceptional product within brand operating standards across the preparation and processing of requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment, storage and stock takes. The duties and responsibilities will include:
Source and purchase the most suitable products for the operation that are relevant and in line with Six Senses policies plus wellness and sustainability practices
- Regularly review suppliers and contracts to ensure conformity with Six Senses requirements.
- Vendor and market assessment, ordering, stocktakes and storage will be undertaken at the required times to ensure all stock is on hand, is of the right quality and properly stored in line with Six Senses standards. · Instill a fair and transparent Vendor/Supplier Vetting process and hold vendors/suppliers to Six Senses Sustainability and Eat With Six Senses guidelines.
- Pro-actively engage in weekly Farmers Market and make purchasing trip to local farmers, bakers and fishermen in order to help grow local community vendors/suppliers before choosing large global vendors/suppliers.
- Visit vendor distribution, processing or place of business yearly.
- Ensure that all set policies, procedures, best practices are in place and rigorously enforced.
- Instill a cost-focused philosophy through training and education.
- Operate the property consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
Qualifications To execute the position of Purchasing Manager, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following: · Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Materials or Purchasing Management, or a relevant field of work and five years purchasing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. More than five years’ experience in a similar role, preferred. · Fluent in English; I understand
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.