Product Manager, Service Optimization & Concerto
Marca do hotel: IHG Corporate
Local: Estados Unidos, Geórgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Número do trabalho: R191413
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary –
IHG Concerto™ brings capabilities to life that hotel colleagues need to deliver consistent, efficient results & owners need to confidently power their business.
IHG Concerto™ empowers hotel colleagues to effectively run their businesses by providing real-time insights and intuitive workflows to drive revenues and improve efficiencies. In short, IHG Concerto helps enable an elevated guest experience.
Concerto is a strong and scalable foundational platform across the hotel ecosystem. It is an intuitive, cloud-based platform that blends core hotel applications into one seamless experience for colleagues. It provides near-real-time performance insights that help save time and support decision making. Simple intuitive workflows not only increase efficiency due to reduced cognitive load, but carefully crafted user interfaces also add a “delight-factor” to everyday work. To unlock owner value and enhance the guest experience, IHG is creating robust experiences for hotels, owners and guests, bringing capabilities to life that hotel colleagues need. Concerto is built for tomorrow’s business needs! It constantly evolves with new capabilities, and its scalable architecture is ready to tackle changing business requirement.
Today, Service Optimization is just one of the core hotel applications that work alongside Concerto, with plans to soon integrate into our seamless colleague experience, strengthening the workflows and task automation capabilities, making it easier for our hotels to operate. This role will support setting the vision and product strategy, help with defining features & business requirements of the vendors operating in the SO space. Ensuring the vendor delivers according to SLA and agreements; and continues to be a partner to enable key IHG Initiatives.
Finally, as we evolve the Concerto experience for Hotel Colleagues across the front desk and move into a combined SO and Concerto experience, this role will lead effort to drive Hotel user adoption on these key operational capabilities in Concerto. They will partner with Concerto & SO Product, Engagement Teams, Guest Experience, Brand and Operations teams to ensure successful usage, look for opportunities to improve, will take an active role during piloting of new functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- This role will participate in development effort and implementation of product strategy which includes future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancements that the vendor will deliver upon.
- Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
- Manage vendor performance, will set expectations and drive vendor activities across product, future Concerto & Service Optimization development & steady state BAU processes. This includes vendors beyond IHG’s selected partner where relevant.
- Be the intermediary in between the business stakeholder(s) and the key IHG vendor, responsible for driving request of change in any Contract negotiations or SLA’s as we deploy to current and new regions.
- Build strong relationships with our core stakeholders, work alongside other organizational teams across Commercial and Technology Product Organization, Property System, Concerto and Business teams such as Franchise & Hotel Operations, Brand and Marketing.
- Manage product lifecycles;
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 6 to 10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes with preferred direct hands-on hotel Front Office experience including 2 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position and Hotel System product development experience and/or Service Optimization product experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing development projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of how to manage a vendor management to deliver against key expectations.
- Must possess a good understanding of the Hotel Ecosystem and how on property systems connect to enterprise systems such as Loyalty, how on property fulfilment is critical to the success of guest experiences at the hotel.
- Proficient knowledge of core Hotel System Products in hospitality such as Service Optimization, PMS (Property Management) Central Reservations. Service Optimization Product knowledge such as Quore, Hotsos would be preferred.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, logical, analytical aptitude.
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 0
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights) -
- Determines priorities among various development projects and approves budget variances.
- Serve as primary contact both internally and externally for Service Optimization product development and enhancement proposals.
- Serve as an internal and external resource regarding the Concerto and Guest Experiences integration to Service Optimization products.
Internal Key Relationships –
- Interface with all levels within Property Owner and Enterprise Products and Platforms such as the partner vendors, Concerto, Guest Experience teams.
- Operations, Franchisee, Guest Experience, Brand teams - and other key internal stakeholder groups that benefit from enabling business process in the hotels through the products we manage.
External Key Relationships –
- Represent the Company on associations; promote products and services at industry trade shows; and prepare and conduct presentations for hotel personnel, industry partners, management, and external training departments.
- Owner Associations and Owner Engagement
Physical Requirements -
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment
- Ability to travel less than 5% of time required.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.