Chef de pastelaria
Marca do hotel: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Localização: Guam, Tamuning
Hotel: Resort Guam (GUMCR), 801 Pale San Vitores Road, 96913
Job number: 118231
- This is entry level management position, will not be able to offer any USA Work Visa.
- Must be able to work on Guam, USA without any restrictions - US Citizens, US Permanent Residents or Residents of Federated States of Micronesia.
- At least 3 years of experience as a pastry chef, baker or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience with specialized training in pastry.
- Health Certificate issued by Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services.
What’s the job?
As a Pastry and Bakery Chef, as the leader of the team, you will guide your colleagues to following the instructions of the Department Head. You will contribute towards menu creation and the managing and training of the kitchen team to deliver an excellent guest experience, while assisting in managing food costs. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavor is vital to each guests’ experience. Ensures that kitchen operations are in compliance with brand standards and federal and state health and safety regulations. Assist and supervise the preparation of all pastry and bakery items and processes, baking and finishing of desserts, breads and baked goods, in accordance with departmental quality and brand standards.
- Lead the team by example by promoting and maintaining a safe and positive workplace.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through regular communication and coordination with managers, team members, and other departments.
- Communicate management goals and ensure compliance of policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift briefings as requested by managers.
- Assist in training and supervision of kitchen staff.
- Develop, test, and cost new recipes and menu items for the Pastry Shop/Bakery.
- Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all products prepared by the Pastry Shop/Bakery.
- Check and control pastry items before they are received by the stores (flour, sugar, jam, chocolate, etc.) making sure that they are within that accepted minimum/maximum par stock.
- Dispense pastry items only against valid requisitions and orders.
- Advice Purchasing of low inventory items or may order necessary food items.
- Assist in receiving items and conducting inventory.
- Ensure consistency in quality product and presentation, in line with the high-quality standards expected by the Executive Chef and resort standards.
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds in accordance with brand standards. With your own personal touch, you will turn our high standards into memorable experiences for every guest.
- Will be responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicator Metrics in terms of Breakfast Score and Brand Standard audits.
- Will be responsible for all outlet’s performance in terms of food satisfaction and guest experience.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the Pastry Kitchen, communicate objectives, and assign/schedule work.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of, and check and approve, all cakes, cookies, desserts and other food items prepared in the pastry shop and bakery. Ensure that all desserts are prepared in an attractive and appetizing manner.
- Regularly inspect the quality and quantity of pastry and breads and other bakery goods for the buffets and for any outside orders.
- Check daily function sheets and prepare items accordingly.
- Organize the day’s prepping for the cooks and restaurants; supervise line set-up and prepping.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed Resort and government standards.
- Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor or manager.
- Address and report any workplace injuries or illnesses.
- May assist with other duties as required.
- Duty to prepare standard recipes, and costings for all bakery and pastry items as per instruction of the department head.
What we need from you
- Education - Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts plus
- Service years - At least 3 years of experience as a pastry chef, baker or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience with specialized training in pastry.
- Knowledge and skills
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Problem solving, reasoning, analytical, motivating, and training abilities are often used when estimating food productions and coordinating functions.
- Basic math skills, reading, and writing are used when completing paperwork and other reports.
- Must be able to obtain a government-issued Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally.
4. Language - Fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
5. Preferred (if required)
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently walking, standing up around the kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Handling food and beverages, stoves, utensils, and other food service or culinary supplies and equipment.
- Health Certificate
What we offer
In return we'll provide you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include Health (medical, dental & vision) insurance, a 401k plan with company match, Paid Time Off and Employee Discount. A chance to become part of the global IHG family - opening a door to endless career opportunities. We’re passionate about growing our talent. We’ll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – Our colleagues share some winning characteristics: we work better together, we trust and support each other, we aim higher by looking for better ways to do things, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.