Mgr IT Software Development & Maintenance (703739)
Marca do hotel: IHG Corporate
Local: Estados Unidos, Geórgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R206056
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Manager IT Software Development & Maintenance is a member of the Technology Services Data and Analytics Team. The role is a leader of 5-10 professional employees along with a larger team of contractors within a larger unit/function. The Manager IT Software Development & Maintenance leads a team which partners with customers to understand data and analytic requirements supporting business processes, applications, and insights then develops and delivers data and analytic integrations supporting these requirements. The manager ensures the team is consistent when implementing the Company’s technology requirements and business objectives, including providing the technical solutions for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging and documenting software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Lead data/analytic and platform development teams to deliver against product roadmaps.
- Partner with internal customers and external vendors to understand and develop and support product and platform roadmaps.
- Responsible for support, maintenance, and product roadmap of Oracle EPM product suite.
- Manage strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Manages vendors performance, SLA’s and provide timely communications and status reports to business partners
- Oversees proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Ensures documentation of project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Manages the efficiency of the facilitation of design, development, and implementation of real time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Manage relevant projects to ensure stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of systems issues in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets. This includes, but not limited to, budget reporting, scope management, risk mitigation, and ensuring problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Leads the assigned function within established budgetary and resource plans, establish performance standards, and operating procedures. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
- Manages complex programs and leads project/program and systems documentation based on established IT standards.
- Coach and develop team members. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Typically a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Experience in leading and developing people directly or indirectly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge, in addition to experience, in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Ability to strategically demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills needed to develop efficient and effective solutions for cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the software engineering team's knowledge of the customers' business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Proficient knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines required:
- Oracle EPM Product Suite
- Profitability and Cost Management
- Financial Consolidation and Close
- Oracle Business Intelligence/Oracle Analytic Cloud
- Cloud data and analytic platforms
- Oracle Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of Corporate Finance Accounting functions
- Data Warehousing
- RDBMS and/or multi-dimensional database platforms
- Data Integration Tools/ETL
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Oracle EPM Product Suite
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.