Gerente de Manutenção - InterContinental Boston
Marca do Hotel:
Localização: Estados Unidos, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Número do trabalho: R203055
ABOUT US: For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
- Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; opening and closing duties schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms, suites, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction. May assist in coordinating the special needs and requests of VIP, repeat guests and members of frequency program(s).
- Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping. Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Measures inventory and orders supplies.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Assist in maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, sourcing of new products
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters, process improvement
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
- Attend weekly meetings (labor management, group resume meeting, may also be required to represent the housekeeping department on the Health and safety committee
- Weekly Scheduling of Housekeeping employees ensuring that staffing levels are appropriate and are in line with department budgets
- Monitor group resumes on behalf of the Housekeeping department to ensure group requests are met
- Perform desk opening duties and prepare daily room assignments
- Monitor payroll programs and prepare bi-weekly payroll closing reports
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Refer to attached additional job responsibilities and Health & Safety Job responsibilities.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Two years housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity, including one or more years of housekeeping supervisory experience. must speak fluent English. Other languages an asset.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties such as vendors, agencies, etc.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 100 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.