Groups & Meetings Project Manager
Marca do Hotel:
Localização: Estados Unidos, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R191248
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The primary role of the project manager is to organize and motivate people to do the work in a controlled way that will help to achieve the project’s goal. As project manager for Sales programs, this individual will be responsible for developing a project management plan, defining and managing scope, creating a work breakdown structure (WBS), and requirements gathering, planning, defining, and developing schedules, activities, estimating resources and activity durations, planning and estimating costs, and determining budgets, planning and identifying quality requirements, identifying potential risks, performing qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and planning risk mitigation strategies, planning for and identifying required procurements, communicating project status and planning for stakeholder expectations. Ensure that all sales programs support the overall vision, objectives and goals of each market segment and special market. Monitor the cost-effectiveness and implementation of projects and recommend measures for continuous improvement. May lead the work of multiple workstreams and drive cross-functional activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Direct and manage all work for the project. Validate and control the scope of the project, manage project status to project working teams and senior level stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and technique.
- Monitor each business segment/project progress against agreed objectives, including financial return and production analysis, and formally report progress to manager/sales leader at defined intervals. Monitor and control budgeted expenditures to constantly achieve enhanced cost effectiveness and value; and control and approve the work of assigned promotional vendors as needed.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments to influence all promotions and to ensure achievement of brand, operating and regional objectives.
- Serve as a key link between the project and stakeholders within related Sales/Market segments to enhance communications and consistency and ensure objectives/needs are met.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across all brands and regions at all levels to ensure maximum benefit from cross-functional synergies.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or a relevant field or work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8+ years progressive work-related experience in Sales and Marketing, with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position. Typically leads/mentors less experienced staff or complex projects in area of expertise.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a position.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions concerning sales plans and their effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Company’s infrastructure and systems preferred, in order to effectively develop plans which are in keeping with the overall business strategy.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, marketing, and program development skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar software for the purpose of gathering, analyzing, and reporting sales programs information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations and sales processes (preferred).
- MBA (preferred).
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.