Director of Front Office - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Marca do hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Localização: Estados Unidos, Califórnia, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Centro de Los Angeles (LAXHC)
Job number: USA19264
Do you see yourself as a Director of Front Office? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Director of Rooms, and within the limits of established IHG and local hotel policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of Front Office operations, which shall include, but not be limited to the following: Assistant Managers, Guest Relations, Front Office Agents and Supervisors, Uniformed Services, Concierge and Instant Service.
- Reports directly to and communicates all pertinent Front Office matters affecting guest service.
- Supervises Front Office operations personnel.
- Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the hotel including but not limited to travel industry representatives, competitors, labor relations representatives, suppliers, contractors and other members of the local community.
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other department heads
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Informs other operating departments of matters that concern them.
- Establishes and maintains effective Member relations.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientation, hiring, performance appraisal, counseling, coaching, training and suspending if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity. Consults with department heads, Human Resource, Hotel Manager and General Manager as appropriate.
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training sessions.
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental Members.
- Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events, which warrant special handling and detailed information.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on‑going basis, departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
- Prepares and submits statistical, performance and forecast reports as necessary, to facilitate Annual Budget and Strategic Plan preparation and provide management with marketing information.
- Checks billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
- Analyzes and approves discounts and rebates.
- Analyzes the rate variance report prepared by the Income Auditor to ensure rooms revenue control.
- Communicates to the Hotel Manager or General Manager all information likely to be of interest to them, such as the expected arrival and departure of VIP's and all other pertinent information.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and/or a minimum of two years’ experience as a Front Desk Manager in a 4-star Hotel and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a 4 star or 5 star hotel is preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, customer service skills.
- Must be able to work well under stressful situations and handle challenges in a professional manner.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.