Director of Finance - InterContinental San Antonio (Hotel Opening)
Marca do Hotel:
Localização: Estados Unidos, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: 115905
About the role
As Director of Finance and Accounting, you’ll direct hotel financial operations and ensure the security of hotel assets. Reporting on the financial state of hotel you'll also make recommendations to improve hotel profitability. You'll be the first point of contact for all hotel financial and accounting-related issues with owners, auditors (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals - recognize good performance
- Train your team to make sure they deliver with compliance, to our standards and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Direct the team on how decision-making impacts profits
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures
- Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal
- Participate in local recognized professional and industry organizations
- Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts)
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers
- Analyse ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved
- Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittance
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs assistance with a request or complaint
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (e.g. credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution
- This is the top Accounting job in a large, luxury, or resort hotel. Typically supervises clerical accounting employees in a full range of functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit/Collections, Purchasing, Audit, Payroll, and/or Accounting Operations
What we need from you
- Hotel experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting and Finance
- 4-8 years’ experience in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an Assistant Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Knowledge of accounting management duties e.g. negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll; performing asset management duties; providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns etc
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
- Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
- There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.