Consultor Corporativo - Compras, Vendas e Marketing
Marca do Hotel:
Localização: Estados Unidos, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Número do trabalho: 115909
Under the guidance of the Senior Corporate Counsel, the individual in this position is primarily responsible for: (1) supporting a high volume of day-to-day commercial contracts work, global and regional, to include drafting contracts, amendments and statements of work to reflect the commercial terms of the transaction and negotiating alternative provisions in line with IHG’s (“Company”) policies with a particular emphasis on environmental and sustainability efforts; (2) supporting commercial strategies and associated agreements, which may include sales, marketing, agency, loyalty and other related activities , (3) engaging in complex legal assignments that have been prioritized by the Business Reputation and Responsibility (BRR) leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Business partner with procurement and business teams to understand business objectives and identify critical risk areas
- Draft, review and negotiate supplier, commercial, sales, marketing, advertising, and other commercial agreements, both routine and complex, in accordance with Company policy and business models, using Company’s standard forms, for the same, with minimal guidance and oversight from the Senior Counsel
- Analyze and negotiate red-lined changes to commercial contracts made by Suppliers or service providers, in accordance with Company policy, draft alternative language, explanations of the Company’s positions on such changes, and develop other approaches to move the contract to completion with minimal guidance and supervision from the Senior Counsel
- Draft, review, and modify amendments and other changes to commercial contracts, in accordance with Company policy, to reflect the terms of commercial transactions with minimal guidance and oversight from the Senior Counsel
- Assist business leadership in evaluating the potential risks, including legal and privacy risks for proposed business initiatives
- Represent and support the business teams in dealing with suppliers and other external parties, including suppliers outside counsel, to ensure the Company is fairly represented and its business interests are protected
- Proactively provide counsel to the business teams regarding relevant legal issues, and new legal developments, that may impact Company and its business objectives
- Manage and work with Company outside counsel and other external resources, as , to ensure the Company is represented in a cost efficient and effective manner
- Train and educate internal business stakeholders on relevant legal matters
- Coordinate and work with other BRR members on related matters to ensure efficient and effective representation of Company
- Develop strategy and alternatives on legal matters, provide status reports on pending legal matters
- Provide clear and concise communication to the business and other Company stakeholders on commercial contract matters, appropriately aligning with the Company’s risk tolerance and strategic goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of Company’s business, to identify and escalate issues to the Senior Counsel, as needed
- Work closely with the Senior Counsel to support the company’s Procurement function
- J.D. Degree in a relevant field of legal work and work-related experience.
- 5-7+ years of progressive work-related (Legal Department preferred) experience with demonstrated proficiency in, commercial contracts and transactions, technical and business knowledge, and writing, and understanding of multiple/disciplines/processes related to the position.
- Deep understanding of commercial contract and other sales and business transactions and the ability, to draft, negotiate, and exercise judgment and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and minimal attorney supervision.
- Must be intelligent, able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks, and complete them under time constraints.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Succinct clear, concise, communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of user
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and presentation skills, with the ability to speak extemporaneously
- Demonstrated ability to use consultative or persuasive communication skills to effectively resolve issues and drive solutions with others in the Legal Department, Company personnel, outside counsel, Suppliers, external business partners, and other Company stakeholders with whom the role interacts
- Demonstrated ability to exercise critical thinking skills to initiate, direct, and draft multiple contract assignments, medium to large-scale, in a relatively unstructured environment from intake through execution
- Strong consultative skills and demonstrated ability to achieve Company’s business objectives across multiple and varied functions; to include experience in leading and advising internal business stakeholders
- Understanding of franchising and different business models for contracting in a franchised environment a plus
- Maintenance of attorney-client privileged, and confidential information and data is critical
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of personal computers; included Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Strong customer service and team-focused attitude
- Attention to detail is critical
- Desire and willingness to be flexible and open to learning new areas of responsibility and ways of working
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing large -scale projects from concept through implementation
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.