Chefs Commis - Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park
Marca: Holiday Inn
Localização: Nova Zelândia, Otago, Queenstown
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Queenstown Remarkables Park (ZQNPK)
Número do trabalho: EMEAA23334
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park is your new hub for South Island exploration. With a convenient location in the Remarkables Park precinct just 5 minutes from Queenstown Airport, our full service hotel has a range of modern facilities to make your stay extra comfortable while you create memories in the heart of New Zealand’s world famous alpine playground.
Your day to day
We are looking for Commis Chefs to join our team as we bring our new Hotel & Restaurant to life! This is an exciting opportunity to help shape our restaurant and be a part of a pre-opening team!
As a Commis Chef, your key duties will include:
- Ensuring produce and food items used are of high quality
- Preparing and cooking an array of food - this will include Staff meals, Breakfast items, Conference food, High tea items along with Lunch, & Dinner.
- Appropriately plating up food and accompaniments
- Meeting dietary requirements - dairy free, gluten Free
- Assisting Senior Chefs in planning menus and coming up with creative ideas
- Reduce food wastage by correctly planning proportions of food as required based on number of staff, in-house guests & conference guests
- Train other staff members
- Maintain a sustainable approach
- Follow correct hygiene & Health & Safety procedures & usage of cooking appliances and tools
What we need from you
- Full ability to work an array of days and shift times including night shifts, public holidays and weekends
- Be a strong team player and fit into a tight-knit team
- Prior experience in a similar position
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with guests
- Strong leadership skills to train and develop others as needed
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and well make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com.