Commis 1 - CHOIX par Pierre Gagnaire - Culinary - InterContinental® Hotel Dubai Festival City
Marca do Hotel:
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival da Cidade (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA24973
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
As a Commis 1 you'll do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a Chef de Partie or section chef, rotating through sections such as hot, cold, events and butchery.
This is your big chance to learn all what a strong chef needs, but the standard and style of cooking you do will be determined by your commitment and the type restaurant you work in.
- Prepares all mise-en-place for day to day operation
- Maintains a healthy and hygienic work area
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers
- Support team with mise-en-place and storage pick ups
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Cleans and re-sets his/her working area
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Must have similar experience working in either a luxury restaurant or a 5* hotel environment
- Must have good communication skills
- Committed to serving food of the highest quality
- Experience in French cuisine is ideal.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.