Brand Strategy and Performance Analyst
Marca do Hotel:
Location: United Kingdom, Buckinghamshire, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R192990
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most recognisable hospitality groups in the world with a family of 17 brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza amongst many others. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries. We are a FTSE 100 company and are proudly listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
Can you analyse data, translate it, and sympathetically describe the narrative to colleagues that work in other areas of the business? If so, then we want you to join our Brand Strategy and Performance team as a Strategy Analyst to oversee our Premium Lifestyle and Luxury brands.
You will join the team at a crucial point of growth, empowering you to truly shape and guide the future. If you have a strong attention to detail and can really dial into the data then you will perform very well. One area you will excel in will be identifying our strategic opportunities, understanding gap analysis and ultimately providing insight on where future growth sits within our Premium Lifestyle and Luxury brands.
- Review and analyse brand health, market and industry data, globally, to understand current trends and opportunities within the brand to deliver on the needs of the market. Deep focus on Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo and LuxScale category
- Focus primarily on mid-to-long term trends and competitive position by market to identify opportunities that will define required actions to improve brand health, performance and loyalty over medium (2 to 3 year) to long term (5 to 10 year).
- Produce Brand data driven insights to support discussion in Monthly Category Performance Meetings for Commercial & Brand Performance Optimization.
- Conduct deep analysis, leveraging IHG data platforms and external sources to inform Brand plan development. Monitor Brand plan implementation to ensure timely and qualitative execution.
- Conduct ad-hoc deep dives to untap opportunities linked with brand performance and market context. Internal and external / competition focus required.
What we need from you
- Degree/Masters (desirable)
- 2-5 years of progressive work-related experience in strategy, performance analytics, or finance with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position
- Experience working within a franchise organisation
- Highly organised and ability to manage time critical requests
- Ability to learn how to use new systems
- Global experience a plus
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional big data management
- Ability to pull key insights and produce concise recaps targeting multiple audiences
- Strong business acumen with core competency in translating insight into compelling business plans and initiatives
- Good presentation skills from execution to delivery.
- Have local market & consumer knowledge – especially as relevant to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and results driven approach.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated English proficiency in business context (reading, writing, and oral presentation).
What we offer
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a more hybrid way, blending remote and office working. We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by Summer of 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date: 18th October 2021