Marca do Hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Localização: Estados Unidos da América, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile (ORDHA)
Job number: R205009
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse is a dynamic restaurant founded on excellence befitting the caliber of Michael Jordan himself. Excellence in food and service among the team members is the game plan for our guests. Cornerstone Restaurant Group is our business partner for Michael Jordan's Steakhouse and Michael Jordan's Bar to help execute our flawless, personalized service.
Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance & Asst. Director of Finance, assists in responsibility for all hotel accounting and financial controls.
1) Reports directly to and communicates with the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance on all matters pertaining to accounting and financial controls.
2) Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other departments in matters concerning accounting related matters and internal control.
3) Interacts, as required, with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to hotel’s bank, tax auditors and other hotels and IHG corporate offices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Finance and / or Assistant director of Finance with preparation of the Budget and Forecast
- Perform or assist in the performance of month-end closing. Input General Ledger entries and journal vouchers as required. Ensure that appropriate supporting information is collated and submitted.
- Perform or assist in performing balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain necessary records and back up documents required to balance taxes. Ensure the tax reconciliation is completed and submitted on a monthly basis.
- Proficient in the Income Audit function for the hotel when needed to fill in during vacation / time off.
- Participate in the taking of inventories and / or verification of extensions on a monthly basis.
- Oversee internal hotel audits and report anomalies to the management team.
- Responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable function; ensure all processes and procedures are being adhered to.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with reporting calendars, ensuring that all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Perform financial and statistical analysis, forecasting, and complete special projects as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Food & Beverage, Sales, Reservations, Accounting, and Front Office.
- Supervising / auditing of payroll and bi-weekly payroll reconciliations.
- Responsible for driving the hotel’s payroll control system and reporting on payroll forecasting
- Supervise the Accounting department in the absence of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to resolve billing disputes and answer questions; to provide service to accounts
- Regulatory agencies – to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and contractual agreements as needed; to coordinate external audits
- HMG Accounting staff and Regional Director of Finance – to obtain or provide information.
- May ensure all subordinate staff or other accounting clerical staff members are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a hotel accounting environment and previous management experience required
- Exhibit the IHG Leadership Competencies – Be BrandHearted, Champion Change, Drive Results, Think Ahead, Lead & Develop, and Work collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task, be a team player and maintain confidentiality of all employee, guest and hotel information
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow-up, focus attention on details and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain a highly positive and friendly image that will reflect well on hotel's overall appearance.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as an Accounting Manager? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.