ホテル： IHG ANAホテル（TYODO）
Job number: R194596
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we've got a habit of making things happen. From being the first hotel brand to franchise with Holiday Inn, or taking the industry's first online booking; to growing the world's biggest luxury hotel brand in InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, and launching the industry's first loyalty programme.
Today, you can find our brands in more than 100 countries, with over 6,000 hotels and approximately 889,000 guest rooms. But we're not slowing down in our quest to be the first choice for guests and hotel owners. We're enhancing world-class brands and adding new ones, investing in technology and making sure our business is slick and agile enough to power industry leading net-rooms growth in the world's most attractive markets.
In Japan, IHGANA Hotels Group was established in December 2006 as a joint venture between IHG and ANA - Japans leading airline. IHGANA is one of the leading hotel operator in Japan with 45 operating hotels with more to open over the next few years.
Your day to day
As Regional Director of Operations, Japan (Tokyo based) you will act as Head of Operations to lead the portfolio of Hotels across Japan and Micronesia to deliver its operational, performance and financial metrics; partner with MD (Managing Director) and COO (Chief Operating Officer) Japan and establish a strong operational platform to support future growth. You will:-
· Act as key Owner Relationship Manager and drive owner engagement; be the escalation point for owner relationships across defined portfolio of hotels
· Play an active role in collecting IHG ANA Management and other fee collection targets
· Driving operational performance excellence across defined hotel portfolio of Managed Hotels as measured through Hotel Metrics
· Ensure effective implementation and application of corporate programs, tools, and systems to drive hotel revenues, quality, and service levels to achieve brand standards and maximize hotel performance.
· Driving requirements to achieve IHG and owner’s expectations in revenue delivery, profitability, improvement of the asset value and return on investment of hotels in defined portfolio
· Manage costs, flow through / recovery and scale initiatives to deliver budgeted GOP (Gross Operating Profit) for the region
· Oversee the annual budget and business plans for defined portfolio in alignment with regional objectives
· Foster and champion, a positive work environment through providing True Hospitality for Good at work, embracing IHG values and ways of working across all hotels, allowing for brand culture to thrive
· Champion the DE&I (diversity equity & inclusion) agenda across Japan and model the way through proactive leadership and engagement at every opportunity
· Prioritize Hotel GM (General Manager), No 2& EXCOM talent pipelining and a culture of learning in the region
· Lead and ensure IHG is protected in local business contexts and keeping operations safe.
· Support JAPAC strategic projects and workstreams and represent operations across key EMEAA wide projects
What we need from you
· Min 8-10 years as a GM (or equivalent) including corporate or multi-unit responsibility
· Deep hotel operational experience: proven understanding of how to drive operational excellence transformation
· Considerable experience working with sophisticated / institutional owners
· University Degree - Bachelor of Business / Hotel Management or equivalent
Technical Skills and Knowledge:-
· Excellent understanding of upscale / luxury / lifestyle space
· Motivated results focused leader with solid general management skills
· Strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, and business acumen
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to initiate and lead changes
· Must have fluent or native level Japanese skills
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.