Guest Relations Representative (Full-time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As a Guest Relations Representative, you will provide a check-in/check-out environment and hotel experience for VIP and special key guests that distinguishes our brand from the competition and delivers superior service and value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet VIP guests and conduct special check-in and check-out services for these guests. Communicate with Front Office about arriving VIP guests and communicate any changes needed for their stay in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify return guests and VIP’s in advance. Assign premium guest rooms and coordinate closely with other departments to forward relevant information.
- Deliver and/or coordinate the deliver of services and/or amenities (such as flowers) to VIP guests. Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate VIP and/or Priority Club guest requests regarding hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Coordinate and/or confirm reservations as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Log all guest complaints or concerns, coordinate the dispatch of work orders to the appropriate department and staff, and escalate appropriate issues to management.
- May provide assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc. for assigned guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent and 1 year of guest/customer service experience. Hotel experience and some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; guests and third parties.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, or guest registration and reservation information.
- Basic mathematical skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled