IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as part of the electrical team you will keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork, from changing lights to tracing distribution board faults. With naturally high standards to support our own, you will approach every task with devotion and pride.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out testing and tagging.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assisting in any after hour emergencies as required.
- Maintaining records and documentation associated with all work undertaken.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have:
- Certificate in Electrotechnology
- Queensland safety induction White Card, a valid LVR certificate and driver’s licence
- High Voltage Switching desirable or willingness to obtain certification
- High level of trouble shooting skills on various electrical equipment/apparatus.
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of industrial and domestic electrical equipment
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities as part of the resort’s $135 million dollar refurbishment including excellent accommodation with twin rooms, king rooms, apartments and townhouses, a dedicated staff pool, staff beach, two gyms, bar, diner, laundry, boutique shop and more.
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Event Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, Pilates, group bushwalks, cooking classes, BBQ’s, markets and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training and online IHG courses.
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
Residents from NSW & VIC are welcome to apply with a start date aligned to the QLD border opening of 20th December 2021. All other residents may apply for an immediate start.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be a part of the IHG family and we know you will be too.