Door Person/ Receptionist
Job number: R192202
Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel is looking for a Door Person / Receptionist
Kimpton Charlotte Square – located in one of Edinburgh’s most beautiful squares in the New Town, this hotel is a perfect point between old and new. The hotel offers a fresh experience in the centre of the historic city, with a pristine, traditional outside and a buzzing edge inside. The hotel lives as a natural meeting point for the young-at-heart crowd of the city – a place of experimental, discovery and sociability. It inspires guests and locals alike with a face of timeless tradition, and a heart full of life and colour
We are Looking for Door Person / Receptionist who can commit to 5 Days per week, 40 Hours a week.
We are paying £9.60 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
What’s in for you as a Door Person / Receptionist (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £9.60 – Every Hour Worked Paid!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are. So, bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter.
To succeed as a Door Person / Receptionist you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be guest focused
- Previous experience in Receptionist, Guest Relations, Concierge
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- Experience using Opera PMS is a huge advantage
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
- Holding a valid driving licence
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.