Chef de Partie Production
Job number: EMEAA25432
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate in 2020, InterContinental Genève is proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse team is the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Chef de Partie:
Your main duties will be to:
- Prepare food items for the staff cafeteria and participate in the service of meals to employees.
- Organize the cafeteria and restock throughout the service.
- Takes part in the production for breakfast and banquets.
- Arrange and decorate dishes with taste and refinement.
- Organize and coordinate the preparations and ensure that the recipes are respected.
- Control the stock of your sections and transmit your orders to your superior.
- Participate in the tidying and cleaning of the premises in strict compliance with current health and safety standards and ensure that the premises are clean.
- Make suggestions for new preparations, dishes or presentations.
What we need from you
With a degree in Culinary Arts, you have minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel establishment of the same category (4- or 5-star) and/or in a luxury brasserie. You have a perfect knowledge of HACCP norms and hygiene standards.
You are fluent in French. Mastering English and another foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
Highly organized and focused, you are acknowledged for your rigor, reactivity and for your ability to work under pressure. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are autonomous and flexible. You aim to share your passion and knowledge with your guests and your colleagues and are willing to help when needed.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.