Operations Manager - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
ホテルブランド: インター コンチネンタル
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801
Job number: 117134
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
About the role
As the Assistant Operations Manager – Hayman Village you will be involved in smooth running and operations of The Hayman Village including accommodation of the Village, Contractor Camp and Palm Wing. It also covers the Staff Diner, Retail Shop, Staff Bar and Village Reception. Working alongside the Village Operations Manager, you’ll make sure our Colleagues have a wonderful start to their time on Hayman Island. You will be one of their first points of contact when arriving to island and will ensure they are taken care of throughout. You will be responsible for accurate record keeping, room allocations, staff boat manifests and island registers. You will oversee the efficient management of rooms and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and inventory is obtained. You will also be responsible for ensuring accurate billing is captured while working alongside our Village Accountant.
- Ensure the efficient day to day running of the Village Reception and assisting other departments in the Village as necessary
- Manage and coordinate housekeeping with assistance of the housekeeping team
- Educate and train staff within the Village to follow procedures and daily checklists
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation and conduct onboarding plans
- Work with the Village Management to ensure room allocations are suitable for new Colleagues and update Opera to assist the housekeeping team
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees pertaining to rental agreements and other agreements affecting colleagues stay on island
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies and procedures.
- Have a firm understanding of the Retail, Bar and Diner outlets and their daily operations
- Build great relations with outside contacts, Colleagues and Contractors alike
- Ensure that Opera and other databases are kept accurate and up to date for billing purposes
- Mentor and train the manager and colleagues within the department and encourage internal development, education and personal growth.
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide colleagues with a unique experience
- Make time to interact with colleagues to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the colleague experience.
- Be competent in all forms of financial reporting within the Village including the overall P&L for the business including ensuring budgets are managed correctly for room inventory and linen, and monitoring staffing to manage costs for salary and wages
- Create and implement strategies to maximise revenue generation.
- Drive revenue in all aspects of the Colleague Community Operations including Rooms, F&B and Activities
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role, have excellent communication skills, have a positive and friendly attitude that is engaging to other colleagues and leaders and be able to provide a high-level of service excellence.
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities including excellent Subsidised Accommodation with dedicated facilities including a pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Activities Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.