ANA InterContinental Tokyo / Sous Chef of Cascade Cafe
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Japan, Tokyo, Tokyo
ホテル： 東京都 (TYOHC), 107-0052 港区赤坂 1-12-33
- Management of Kitchen Operations in a single food & beverage outlet or a shift, or section of food and beverage operations, including menu planning and costing, organizing special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Supervise and Training of assigned employees
- Works with Executive Sous Chef in manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Executive Sous Chef in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
- Manages and supervises the functioning of teams, facilities the culinary operations with attention to costs and health and safety to ensure maximum Food and Beverage departmental profit is achieved.
- Manages and assumes responsibility in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times. Develops food concepts and enhances menu engineering. Plans and produces daily/weekly and or any specific related specials.
- Participate in the planning and costing of menus
- Develop and write standard recipes
- Develop new dishes and products
- Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
- Maintain hygienic standards and practices in kitchen and for all staffs
- Supervise and validate the rosters
- Assists in planning for future staffing needs
- Prepares detailed induction program for new staff
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
Must Required Skills / Experiences
- + 6 years experience as a chef including at least 1 year in supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective Spoken and Communication Skills in Japanese or English
- Independent, Committed and Well-Organized
*Preferred - have experiences in hotel restaurants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.