Senior UX Copy Writer
Marchio dell'hotel: IHG Corporate
Ubicazione: Stati Uniti, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R203978
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Responsible for writing content for apps, products, and web experiences. You have the end-users and consumers in the forefront of your mind , and come up with a strategy that is intuitive, easy to understand, supporting the goals of the product. Superb writing and editing skills, excellent collaborators, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. With apps serving a global user base you will have the opportunity to impact every touch point with the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Supports team growth and knowledge share by providing mentoring, guidance, and/or training in daily activities, peer reviews, team work sessions, and scheduling seminar/education opportunities.
- Conduct competitive analyses of other brands that operate in the same space
- Prepare customer analysis based on target demographics and initial transactions
- Participate in creating a content development strategy
- Coordinate with the UI design team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design, etc.
- Track usability goals and prepare reports for senior management
- Leads content creation sessions
- Critiques design & problem statements of team members
- Work with team members to identify innovative, customer centric, information and content recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience
- Establish interface designs and ensure adherence to standards through a peer review process and the establishment of a template/pattern library
- Stay abreast, report on and implement when necessary new technologies, best practices and standards
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout the development process.
What we need from you
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Factors Psychology, Communication or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
5-7 years years of progressive work-related experience, with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Experience working on digital products. This role sits within the user experience design organization, so a foundational knowledge of what goes into product design is key.
- Content strategy experience. While the focus of this role will be on content creation for the design system, there will be opportunities to solve business and user experience problems with content strategy. A understanding of Content Strategy principles and tools will be helpful.
- Develops priority and execution plan in conjunction with partners
- Creates research plans with product and research leads
- Supports junior members with direct feedback
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 0
Internal Key Relationships
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with Internal brand, marketing, sales, hotel, analytic and technology stakeholders, for the purpose of designing web and application interfaces according to specifications and/or communicating design direction and project deliverable status.
External Key Relationships
- Will have direct contact and manage outside vendors, design firms and contractors.
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment in a hybrid model.
- Some travel required as needed (generally less than 10%).
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.