Business Intelligence Product Owner
Marchio dell'hotel: IHG Corporate
Ubicazione: Stati Uniti, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Numero di lavoro: R200068
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
This Business Intelligence Product Owner role is part of the Data and Analytics team. This role is responsible for partnering with customers to understand business intelligence and reporting requirements supporting business processes, applications, and insights. This role leads business requirements and process reviews, generates functional and non-functional requirements, and supports the development process and at times develops reports and dashboards. The Sr Analyst IT Business – Data and Analytics is a senior level individual contributor, who may provide guidance to other professionals for the overall successful completion of projects. Business contributes to the development of other professionals in their area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Partner with customers to understand business intelligence and reporting requirements supporting business processes, applications, and insights
- Leads business requirements and process reviews
- Documents and records, in consultation with business partners, the functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop reports and dashboards using approved enterprise reporting tools.
- Supports the report development process through data analysis and testing.
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing gaps between current Reporting and Dashboard capabilities and the desired state.
- Support the development of solutions, advise on options, risks, costs, and impact on other business processes and/or systems.
- Create and validate recommended test scripts and scenarios working with testing team for large cross functional complex projects.
- Ensures completeness and appropriateness of testing plan based on the functional and non-functional requirements
- Provides consultation on testing activities based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Facilitates User Acceptance Testing
- Authors epics, features, & stories
- Manages business/user’s expectations with regards to prioritization and status
- Leads team in story refinement to ensure proper tasking and pointing
- Ensures the appropriate management of sprints, iterations, releases in accordance with business partner expectations
- In conjunction with Agile delivery team, supports Pointing, Tasking, Estimating, and Status for user stories.
- Assists with triaging, root cause analysis and resolution of production data quality
What we need from you
Bachelor's in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Typically, a minimum of 5+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Report development product suite.
- Tableau Product Suite (Server, Desktop/Creator, DataPrep, etc.)
- Oracle Business Intelligence/Oracle Analytic Cloud Product Suite
- Or other modern suites such as PowerBI, SAP Business Objects, etc
- Data Warehousing (Modeling, Transformations, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Analytical & Visualization methodologies
- Proficient in SQL
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel, Visio
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships –
This position will work closely with client management, IT development teams, support teams, data center resources, IT management to discuss projects, provide recommendations on improvement opportunities and operating and financial performance. Provide technical direction and training to more junior level software engineers. Interface with customers and analysts to determine/validate/refine requirements.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.