Manager Commerical System Fund
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Albergo: Corp Branston
Job number: R185457
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Finance Department at our Branston Headquarters.
The main scope of the role will be to provide day to day financial management and analytics to support the System Fund, predominantly looking into budget variances and understand multiple business drivers across an extensive mix of revenue streams, overheads including understanding and challenging allocations to the fund and self-funded marketing programs.
If you have a background in Finance or business-related education and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the role for you!
- Manage delivery of activities including reporting and analysis of month end, ensuring journals are posted correctly and track variances to budget. Produce month end flash deck with consolidated system fund view – ability to collaborate across CoE to understand drivers.
- Manage risk and opportunities to FY numbers, working closely with CoE team to understand changes.
- Produce reporting for IHG Owners association and understand elements of reporting and commentary required.
- Own System Fund Central Budget including setting allocations targets and working across the CoE to ensure targets are met. Focus on Marketing and Reservation revenue driven from Rooms Revenue and ensure rates are correct by region and brand and plan Central overheads to ensure accurate budget.
- Manager System Fund reporting tree and look to improve and propose changes as well as managing cost centres.
- Support H1 and FY reporting for auditors, providing analysis and commentary and support VP in meetings.
- Support VP with Cashflow forecast and understanding impacts on discretionary spend.
- Support the Group F&A team for year end system fund commentary, and quarterly reporting.
- Be an active member of the wider CoE Group FP&A team, deputise for SFM as required and lead and drive deliverable deadlines with minimal intervention and lead by example in terms of ensuring other team members are supported and developed.
- Be flexible to provide ad-hoc reports and analysis, incl. scenario modelling and data analysis to support decision making.
- Build strong working relationships with System Fund stakeholders, mainly VP, and can collaborate across the CoE to deliver high quality, relevant insight.
- Recommend process changes to improve System Fund analytics and financial processes and be aware and drive relevant SoX control completion.
- Act as an escalation point for audit queries.
What we need from you
- Finance or business-related education. Preferably holding a professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience as a finance manager, with experience leading both a working group and managing stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex operations across revenue and cost.
- Able to independently manage and deliver outputs, incl. managing stakeholders' expectations and junior colleagues.
- Proficient user in Oracle, Essbase, reporting tools, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and to operate effectively in a fast moving, global environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 2nd March 2021