Product Manager, Marketplace Delivery [Salesforce]
Marchio dell'hotel: IHG Corporate
Ubicazione: Stati Uniti, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Numero di lavoro: R197676
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary –
Provide leadership and support of the merchandising, procurement and supply chain management process for all Hotel and Owner Technology Solution on IHG Marketplace (not limited to hardware, software, telecommunications and services). Develop, support, and present processes, procedures and reporting that support business plans and objectives. Integrate new or acquired business into the control and monitoring process. Ensure timely delivery of products and services, and resolve vendor performance issues. Manage team of professionals in obtaining and delivering purchase orders, and receiving, reconciling, processing and analyzing invoices for all hotel technology goods and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Develop and maintain effective business processes to support decisions by senior management. Manage the preparation of effective reports and presentations for various committee and leadership meetings and other such events. Review queries and reports and raise issues regarding trends, financial expectations and strategic plan. Utilize early warning system (analytical tools, etc.) to highlight critical concerns and take corrective action quickly. Leverage systems solutions to automate the process and reporting.
- Develop and maintain an effective, accurate and timely quote, order and payment process to support business operations. Educate executives and professionals on processes and procedures to ensure compliance and best practice purchasing. Modify processes and procedures based on feedback and changing business needs.
- Drive efficiency in the reporting, processes and procedures. Establish target performance levels and metrics to determine effectiveness and improvement opportunities. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for tracking, controlling, and reporting on purchases and payments. Create and maintain process documentation, job aids, templates and calendar.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for merchandising, tracking, controlling, and reporting on activities as needed. Review reporting for issues of concern regarding trends, competitive position, performance against strategic or financial expectations, effects of changes in business environment, etc. Utilize analytical tools to highlight critical concerns, and summarize and present data to executive management, along with potential recommendations for improvement.
- Execute special research and analysis projects. Work closely with procurement and contract managers, Business Support and other critical staff functions to provide consistent data and assumptions. Manage the preparation of effective reports and presentations for various committee and leadership meetings and other such events.
- Ensure compliance is maintained with current procedures and internal controls to ensure they are accurate, complete and effective. Ensure compliance is maintained with company policies, laws, rules and regulations.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and or resolve technical or operational problems.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, IS, Purchasing Management or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 6+ years progressive work experience in multiple areas of business – procurement or supply chain management, financial or business analysis, technology, contract management and asset management.
3-5 years managing teams showing a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Must have a demonstrated ability to build cooperation and trust with colleagues and cross-functional teams and establish strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated knowledge of product and service needs, financial analysis, and contract terms and conditions in a technology environment. Able to maintain knowledge of changing technologies and product or service providers. Experience with technology, bandwidth / telecommunications, and services negotiations and contract management is preferred.
- Must have in-depth understanding of Salesforce platform with strong understanding of the 'Out of the box' capabilities and limitations to make informed decisions on the level of necessary customizations needed to meet the business requirements
- Monitor and plan for new Salesforce releases and ensure business partners are informed about the latest capabilities the technology offers; and knowledge of Salesforce AppExchange
- Demonstrated ability to scope a project and develop a plan of action, ability to influence others, present convincing arguments and deal with conflicting viewpoints.
- Consistent implementation of process improvement initiatives while achieving business results and persevering despite obstacles. Demonstrated and sophisticated organization skills and attention to detail while maintaining the big picture view.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and motivating people to work as a team within and outside their immediate group in order to achieve and exceed overall business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants
- Demonstrated experience with Scrum framework to deliver high-quality value to customers faster
- Knowledge of program management with modern, established product management processes in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated experience in detailed documentation, design and delivery work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to address all levels within the organization and work toward consensus.
Number of employees supervised: Direct - 3 (contract)
Decision making responsibilities
- Significant impact on the financial planning, cost management, and procurement of assigned unit. Decisions made and analytical data gathered directly influences business operating decisions made by senior management.
- Define procurement, contract compliance processes, and standards. Establish, implement and manage suppliers, contracts and asset metrics.
- Responsible for problem solving and decision-making, including data analysis of pricing, purchasing trends, supplier availability, performance, compliance issues, and the associated decision-making processes to optimize results and ensure economy of purchases made or ongoing vendor contracts in assigned areas.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.