Marketing Communication Manager
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Thailand, Koh Samui
Hotel: Samui (URTST), 9/10 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Bophut, 84320
Job number: 116859
As Marketing Communication Manager, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel/resort.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Creates positive profile awareness through the media representatives on all aspects of the hotel’s revenue streams to ensure that we meet our Marketing Communication and PR objectives as laid out in the annual S&M plan.
2. In-conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing develop a marketing plan underpins the annual budget goals of the hotel, the development of key messages and storylines, the development of press releases and presentations for sales purposes. Liaison with the contracted PR company to provide product briefing. Achieve the targeted media exposure goals. Entertain the targeted media list.
3. Identify, recommend and act upon any potential marketing opportunities that create a positive market profile or potential revenue stream. In charge of partnership marketing with all potential brand synergies, credit cards and banks, etc.
4. To develop strategic marketing communication plans and ensure the hotel is professionally positioned in all the key market segments across the rooms, food and beverage, and spa.
5. To ensure that all marketing resources are deployed to create an adequate return on investment and that all projects support each other as part of an integrated plan.
6. To optimize the relationship with key marketing partners to ensure that they are provided with a strong brief from the client and that our investment generates appropriate levels of return which is measured carefully.
7. To present a transparent view of the communication approach to ensure that key division heads and managers are fully aware and conversant with the planning direction and priorities of the pre-opening and live marketing communication activities.
8. Act as a Brand Champion with the hotel teams. Together with the General Manager & HODs, drive brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotel messaging and guest experience. Manage all brand programming for the hotel including special events and promotions to ensure they are keeping with the brand vision and property goals.
9. Responsible for the planning and execution of content creation, as well as the briefing to creative agencies (including copy writing, photo/video shootings, social media content) ensuring delivery in adherence with brand guidelines and hotel positioning. Maintain, manage and update all collateral assets for the hotel in line with the brand communication guidelines and standards. Coordinate with all marketing partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of all marketing initiatives and collateral as instructed by the DOSM and adhere to company guidelines.
10. Create story angles, write and distribute press releases and secure media opportunities for feature articles and distribution. Liaise with P.R. agencies and carries out Public Relations activities as requested by Six Senses Hotels and Resorts.
11. To embrace innovation and recognize that our internal team will be a major source of new ideas that we will encourage and nurture.
12. To police internal content of the hotel website and to work closely with DOSM and Home Office team to ensure that the hotel websites are fully optimized and the content is fresh with regular updates that reflect the activities planned and taking place at the hotel.
13. Work in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Department to develop an annual F&B action plan with supporting communication, collateral and PR actions to gain the maximum exposure for these initiatives.
14. Deliver tactical marketing campaigns in all segments. Oversee property webpages to include updates and recommendations for changes and enhancements to content; with equal focus on driving customers to the respective property’s Offers Page resulting in revenue conversion.
15. Create strategies and campaigns that promote property/brand awareness to drive sales revenue (retail + wholesale). Work closely with Sales & Reservations Teams to communicate partner promotions and packages (for wholesale, inbound and 3rd party). Support sales team with validating of marketing collateral and tactical promotions associated with the key market segments. (E.g. Groups, Weddings, Suites)
16. Coordinates and follows up with all operating departments on marketing initiatives to ensure their timely delivery as designated by the GM/DOSM.
17. Establishes and maintains excellent relations with the relevant media locally and internationally and fosters close relationships to help secure editorial coverage.
18. Administrate the Sales and Marketing action plan and finalize the requested monthly updates with measurable outcomes.
19. Attends relevant functions, events or receptions with a view to positively promoting our properties’ events or products.
20. Completes hotel sites tours in a professional and courteous manner at all times as instructed by the GM/DOSM.
21. Prepares monthly and ad-hoc reports on the effectiveness of all marketing communication disciplines.
22. Ensure that all projects, expenses etc. are in accordance with the budget, which shall be submitted to and approved in advance of the commitment by the DOSM.
23. Copywrites and proofreads all copy for all marketing materials and submits for final approval to the DOSM.
24. Assists in procurement of sponsors for events and activities.
25. Attends the daily/weekly Sales and Marketing briefing.
26. To engage in administrational tasks to support the direction of the Sales & Marketing department and carries out other additional duties from time to time as delegated by the Hotel Management.
1. Requires to be conversant with key software applications including Microsoft Office particularly PowerPoint.
2. Language: Required to speak, read and write English and Thai, with fluency in other languages preferred. Excellent internal and external communication skills, both verbal and written.
3. Educated to graduate level.
4. General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
5. Grooming: Should be the benchmark for professional grooming in the hotel,
6. Event management / organizational skills
7. Innovative, proactive and resourceful
8. Passion for the travel & hospitality industries
9. Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity with international chain hotels.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Marketing Communication Manager at Six Senses Samui. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses Samui is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.