Hotel Manager - InterContinental Luanda Miramar
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Angola, Luanda
Albergo: InterContinental - Luanda Miramar (LADHA)
Job number: EMEAA28531
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Standing 105 meters tall and inspired by the graceful contours of the diamond in its design, Intercontinental® Luanda Miramar, makes its debut in Angola as the first internationally branded 5-star hotel, blending the highest luxury standards and the local essence of Angola’s capital into an unforgettable experience. Ideally located in the heart of city, just minutes away from the Bay of Luanda, the hotel showcases 377 elegantly designed guestrooms and suites, an array of lifestyle and wellness facilities and an indulgent selection of five culinary experiences, including two signature restaurants and an exclusive panoramic 24th floor Bar and Restaurant with sweeping views of the city. With exquisite event spaces and a grand ballroom that can host up to 800 delegates, the hotel’s world-class meeting and conference facilities elevate any board meeting, diplomatic event, product launch or dream wedding.
We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join our ever growing family who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
As a Hotel Manager you’ll provide leadership direction to the hotels leadership team by maximizing on financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining memorable guest experiences, executing on brand standards, building awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community.
You may need to act as the General Manager in his/her absence.
• Assist the General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
• Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
• Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty
• Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
• Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
• Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards
• Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action
• Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
• Interact with guests and outside contacts including, current and potential clients, owner representatives, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors local community members
• Make sure the hotel delivers the highest level of guest satisfaction through memorable guest experiences, personalized services and amenities
• Drive operations, through training, SOP and processes and be an ambassador of the brand ensuring compliance and improvement in guest satisfaction goals
• Direct everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right talent assisting in driving the business
• Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management
• Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts
• Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community
• Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses
• Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
What we need from you
• Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
• Three years’ Hotel Manager experience in a high-level luxury operation role or prior Hotel Manager/Resident Manager experience or an equivalent combination of above education and experience
• You will be comfortable in the role of Chief Host, leading our warm and welcoming service style from the front and teaching our team members how to find those special moment to celebrate with our guests.
• You will have a strong knowledge of current hotel systems including Opera, Jana, Loyalty Connect, quality management systems and your warm and approachable communication style is what you are most known for.
• You have developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with owners, guests, Colleagues, and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us