Executive Head Chef
Hotel Marca: voco
Località: Regno Unito, Galles, Cardiff
Albergo: voco™ - St.David's Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R189289
voco St David’s Cardiff , are looking for an Executive Head Chef to lead our growing team.
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff , is a 5* hotel that makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer” The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
At voco® everyone’s a host,if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service. Based in Cardiff Bay, this role will work closely with the operations teams voco St David’s Cardiff are part of IHG Hotels & Resorts a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in True Hospitality for Good.
As Executive Chef you will Lead all kitchen teams within the property and be responsible for all food purchasing, production, cleanliness and safe systems of work in kitchens and other designated back of house areas.
You will work collaboratively with other Head of Departments to deliver a seamless guest experience, particularly where food is a critical component of the experience.
Your day to day
Our Executive Head Chef will give a great opportunity for an Experienced Executive Head Chef to coach and lead the kitchen team and play a major part in the property’s growth and development.
- Contributes to the creation of, and executes cluster food and beverage strategy
- Accountable for the integration of the kitchen departments promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Fully accountable for the quality of all food leaving the kitchens
- Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning (including recruitment and rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance that promotes company ethos.
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Create environment where best practice can be shared
- Owns with manager, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Performance Management of direct reports in the cluster
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent branded experience
- Can explain the purpose and vision of the department in a way which is meaningful and motivating
- Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new food initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
- Regularly review information and reports available to consistently respond to guest feedback and behaviours for the betterment of food experience (ie menu engineering).
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Managing complex stakeholders 'groups and remote /virtual people management.
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Kitchen team and have strong people management experience, and come for a 5* hotel background, and worked within at least 2 rosette environments.
- To have led previously at least as a Head Chef a kitchen for 3 or more years within a global branded establishment or restaurant with comparable size and complexity.
- Our Executive Head Chef must be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes –Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Has knowledge of appropriate brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and products
- We are looking for a head chef who networks within the food & beverage industry and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food.
What we offer
- Salary Competitive
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Head Chef,?then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK