Responsabile del dovere
Marca dell'hotel: Intercontinentale
Ubicazione: Nuova Zelanda, Auckland
Hotel: Auckland (AKLHA), 1 Queen Street, 1010
Job number: 116756
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Holding the prestigious address of One Queen Street, and amid sprawling laneway shopping and high end dining precincts will be the landmark 139 room InterContinental Auckland hotel. With spectacular waterfront views of Waitematā Bay and frontage on Quay Street, this halo property will be the crown jewel amongst Auckland’s luxury accommodation offerings.
Are you a passionate hospitality professional with a commitment to exceptional guest experiences? InterContinental Auckland is seeking a dedicated and experienced Duty Managers to join our pre-opening team. As a Duty Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our hotel, maintaining our high standards, and providing outstanding service to our guests.
A little taste of your day to day
- Provide personalised and anticipatory service to guests, catering to their individual preferences and needs
- Together with our Rooms Division Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager you will assist in leading, training and mentoring the Front Office team to deliver exceptional service and uphold the InterContinental brand standards
- Coordinate with various hotel departments to ensure smooth guest arrival, departures and special requests
- Act as the main point of contact for guests and colleagues in the absence of the senior leadership team
- Participate in pre-opening activities, including training and setting up the Front Office department from scratch
What we need from you
- Available to commence this role at the end of November 2023
- Being available throughout the entirety of December 2023 and January 2024 Is imperative for excelling in this role
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a luxury hotel or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve excellence in guest service
- Must be fluent in English; additional languages are a plus
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow, and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you will become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.