Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Qatar, Ad Dawhah, Doha
Job number: EMEAA25823
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there are countless opportunities at your fingertips. Towering 46 floors above the city, voco® Doha West Bay Suites offers contemporary flair, convenience and a warm Qatari welcome. We’re centrally located in West Bay, the business and diplomatic heart of Doha, 20 minutes from Hamad International Airport (DOH) and steps away from Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre and corporate offices.
Your day to day
To provide effective leadership of the sales and marketing function by executing strategies that result in revenue, brand awareness and customer engagement targets being achieved in accordance with the hotel’s business plan
What we need from you
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Prior experience in Qatar hotel/serviced residence market (Upper upscale segment) at Director of Sales and Marketing level. Minimum 3 years in role of DOSM in an internationally branded property with a track record of progression and achievement.
• Formal qualifications at tertiary level in sales and marketing or a related hospitality field
• Revenue focused. Emphasis on quality and high value outcomes. High achiever.
• Able to take appropriate action with minimal guidance
• Ability to conceptualize and execute strategies for self and team, clarify and assign tasks and seek commitment of others.
• Focus on achieving successful outcomes by engaging others in the process.
• High degree of proficiency in English language (written and spoken), able to deliver effective presentations to small-medium sized groups, principled negotiator, able to share ideas and enlist the support of others.
• Effective leadership and coaching skills, hands on, leads by example, supports others. • Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment, responsive to the needs of the business and stakeholders
• Seeks to learn and adopt new technologies and techniques, open to suggestion, inquiring mind
• Inspired thinker with a keen understanding of design and lifestyle, travel and tourism, new media and with an eye to the future.
• Customer first outlook. Engaging and human. Genuine.
• Executive presence. Standard bearer. Ability to coach and enhance skillset of others. • Operate to high standards in all dealings for self and others
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great benefits. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.