Director, Strategy & Storytelling
Marchio dell'hotel: IHG Corporate
Ubicazione: Stati Uniti, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R201766
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Are you a strategic thinker who deeply understands the business? Do you have a genuine passion for storytelling that impacts the bottom line? Are you both a left- and right-brained thinker who simultaneously balances strong logic and creativity? This role looks for someone who has consulting experience and sits at the intersection of strategy, business planning, and executive communications.
This independent leader, excellent storyteller and master of the written word will translate the C&T vision, priorities, and plan into exceptional, engaging, articulate, and representative messaging to enable the Chief Commercial and Technology Officer’s (CCTO) agenda and support his leadership team.
This role is part of the C&T Strategy, Planning and Performance team which works directly and on an extensive basis with the CCTO and C&T Sr. Leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Translates (develop & write) C&T’s vision, priorities, and plan into compelling, strategic messaging for executives, including board memos, executive emails and C-level presentations.
- Builds a library of content (standing deck) for the C&T leadership team to utilize as needed to communicate more effectively with peer organizations, within their own teams, and externally.
- Works with product teams to define the value proposition for products and value streams.
- Works quickly with agility across a variety of projects and with executive-level stakeholders in different parts of the organization (and externally).
- Partners with C&T Teams and external stakeholders (Marketing, Regions, Global Strategy) to ensure strategy is aligned and supportive of strategic goals of C&T’s internal customers.
- Identifies gaps and recommended solutions for evolving and embedding the C&T strategy and plan.
- Establishes a process improvement and continuous improvement framework, driving success and attainment of performance goals.
- Accountable for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of select strategic business initiatives.
- Executes special research and projects, which may encompass current operating issues and structures, alternative processes, or policies.
- Provides leadership to influence and represent the overall value proposition of C&T to key stakeholder groups.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Strategy, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years progressive work-related experience in related field, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 3 to 5 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects. Hotel Industry experience preferred.
Required Skills and Characteristics –
- Experience developing strategic messaging to support executives as they communicate with stakeholder groups.
- Experience ghostwriting for executives and crafting human-focused stories (e.g., speechwriter, spokesperson, blogger, author, etc.).
- Experience conceptualizing and authoring memos and presentations for key senior groups (Board, Owner Association executives).
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across business units for collaboration, data requests, and joint analysis.
- Embraces a start-up mentality – execution speed and excellence coupled with the ability to make smart decisions and manage ambiguity.
- Microsoft Office - extensive knowledge of PowerPoint and Word is required.
- Ability to influence internal customers and business leaders and effectively establish and build partnerships with external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic plan which identifies key strategic issues, and which informs annual tactics.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight / conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
Number of employees supervised: Direct: 0-5 Indirect: 0-20
- Development and delivery of C&T Board Memos and presentations
- Development and delivery of C&T content bank – including but not limited to quarterly achievements and plans, value proposition for portfolio of products
- Content creation and communication to showcase strategic priorities from Marketing, Regions, and EC
- Quarterly updates and delivery of the Customer Journey Roadmap
- Development and implementation of partner, vendor, talent and data strategies
- Attainment of value and performance targets
- Strategies to maintain long-term business health
Internal Key Relationships:
- Global Strategy – collaborate and partner to ensure that C&T is aligned with global strategic initiatives and objectives
- Finance – collaborate on financial analysis; gather data and report findings
- Legal - capital papers, laws concerning asset management and contracts, potential impact of decisions, input into analysis, etc.
- Product Teams – work closely with Product owners and teams to ensure strategic alignment and roadmap development
- Human Resources- review talent management data provided
- Marketing – collaborate with Marketing Strategy teams to ensure alignment across shared roadmaps and initiatives
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Ability to travel internationally and function effectively in different time zones.
- Ability to travel, less than 10% of time required.
- Ability to be accessible by cell phone and/or computer in case of emergency required
- Ability to work multiple projects across multiple geographical regions
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.