Fattorino - InterContinental Boston
Marchio dell'hotel: InterContinental Hotels
Ubicazione: Stati Uniti, Massachusetts, Boston
Albergo: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Numero di lavoro: R189914
Do you see yourself as a Bellperson?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As a Bellperson, you will assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms.
- Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We offer a competitive financial and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. We offer complimentary dry cleaning and employee meals. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.