Assistant Manager (Housekeeping) - InterContinental Sydney
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA21118
InterContinental is the world's largest family of luxury hotels. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs.
Located in the heart of Circular Quay and overlooking Sydney Harbour, the Royal Botanic Gardens and city skyline, the iconic InterContinental Sydney boasts 509 guest rooms, a suite of leading meeting and events spaces and premium restaurants and bars. Our colleagues are dynamic, passionate and true ambassadors of the guest experience. When joining the InterContinental Sydney team you will enjoy a host of career accelerating opportunities; learning from experts in their field, cultivating globally inspired practices and industry-leading skills.
As our Hotel continues to grow we're looking for a Assistant Manager (Full-Time) to join our Housekeeping team.
Your day to day
Reporting into our Executive Housekeeper, you'll be the 2IC in leading our Housekeeping team to ensure a memorable guest experience is delivered, the team are motivated & departmental revenue goals are met.
On the daily, you'll ensure all housekeeping operations run smoothly. You'll drive team engagement, people management, guest feedback & problem resolution, brand & cleanliness standards with the support of the Executive Housekeeper.
What we need from you
- 2+ years experience in hospitality & Housekeeping. Experience working in a large hotel in a Housekeeping environment is desirable.
- Proven ability to lead & develop a team, improve guest satisfaction & maintain standards
- A proactive approach to developing & maintaining strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Strong organisational, written & communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & prioritise workload
- Flexible to work weekends & evenings across a 7-day roster
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia.
What we offer
- Become part of the global IHG family – opening a door to endless career opportunities
- IHG Hotel Room discounts globally for all colleagues
- Free meal on shift
- Uniform provided & laundered
- Food & Beverage Discounts
- Monthly team activities & quarterly Town Hall
- Training & development – we're passionate about growing our talent. We'll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role
- As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives