Manajer Divisi Kamar
Merek Hotel: Holiday Inn Express
Lokasi: Singapura, Singapura
Hotel: Singapore Clarke Quay (SINCQ), 2 Magazine Road, 059573
Nomor pekerjaan: 117892
What’s the job?
The Rooms Division Manager leads the Guest Services Team and takes key responsibility for the Guest Experience aspect of the Hotel. You will be accountable for the Guest Services Team’s execution of consistent Holiday Inn Express Guest Experience. You will ensure that all procedures and operations for the Guest Services Team will be in line with Brand Standards, employee welfare and Guest Experience. In addition, you will assist in leading and supervising the Housekeeping operations and responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing their needs and adding personal recommendations to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with Brand and local policies and procedures. Your duties and responsibilities are including but not limited to the following.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflicts and improve team performance and engagement.
- Ensure all team members are accurately trained on systems, security, service and quality standards, and have the job-related tools and equipment required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication andcoordination and drive employee engagement.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in employee engagement and are aligned with the Make Every Interaction Count brand service behaviours.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength for Holiday Inn Express brand.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Responsible for Guest Services and Housekeeping Team training and rostering.
- Oversee any disciplinary or staffing related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive - connect departments to create sense of one team .
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Preparation of the annual departmental operating budget.
- Monitor budgeted expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
- Drive Front Office and Great Room Bar revenue generation actions and maximum return on investment.
- Assist in the hotel's revenue growth by leveraging on the company's systems & procedures.
- Conduct external vendor induction and support in managing the performance of external vendors and other contacts as needed.
- Work closely with Reservations to assure and maximize occupancy rate and revenue and they are also in charge of providing all necessary forecasts.
- Monitor and manage outsourced manning provisions to ensure optimal productivity.
- Drive cross-departmental efficiencies between Front Office and Housekeeping departments through work collaborations.
- Drive and deliver monthly Workforce Optimization initiatives to support departmental manning efficiencies.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Custodian of the guest satisfaction goals including Guest Love, Loyalty Recognition and Problem Resolution. Collaborate with team members to establish and implement services and programs to constantly improve guest experience.
- Support Housekeeping Manager to drive IHG Way of Clean.
- Advise team members of development needs and instruct on action plans. Provide retraining as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Lead a team to respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office, rooms and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Demonstrate BrandHearted behaviors by maintaining compliance with all brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Accountable for the maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with the Service level Standards.
- Maintain Great Room environment and ensure F&B tasks are also being focused on by Guest Services.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals
- Maintain and order Front Office and Housekeeping supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient mannerwhile minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling, and cleaning agents).
- Accountable for IHG fire life safety (FLS) adherence in the hotel.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel or owner policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services.
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Operations, or equivalent.
- Ensures smooth processes and high compliance in terms of guest relation, housekeeping and reservation standards.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Act as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure governmental regulations and data privacy requirements are met.
What we need from you
- Leadership role involved in the effective running of the Front Office operations, including leading and supervising the operational team (Housekeeping and Engineering) whilst overseeing third party vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, or equivalent.
- 3 years’ related experience in the same role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Great communication skills
- A positive and keen to learn attitude.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English and with good communication skills.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the Holiday Inn Express brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.