Cluster Marketing Manager - Crowne Plaza Resort Guam
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Micronesia, Tamuning
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Resort Guam (GUMCR)
Job number: EMEAA32939
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST WANTED! The award winning Premium hotel brand Crowne Plaza is coming to Guam! The Crowne Plaza Resort Guam will offer a contemporary, modern premium resort experience to guests at its 322-room beachfront property in the heart of Tamuning. At Crowne Plaza, we embrace the holistic needs of the modern traveler – flexibility, collaboration and empathy is at the heart of everything we do.
What’s the job?
As a Cluster Marketing Manager, you’ll oversee and direct all aspects of Marketing activities for the Crowne Plaza Resort Guam & Crowne Plaza Resort Saipan. Your responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans for all areas of the resorts, creating engaging content and storytelling, management of marketing team members and working closely with marketing partners, vendors and media. You’ll also be responsible for marketing reporting and routine interaction with the Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Director of Sales and Marketing in-charge and other stakeholders.
Your day to day
- Support colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive - linking up departments to create a sense of one team.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed.
- Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with Department Heads and other inter-departmental colleagues as appropriate.
- Coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes advertising, sales promotion, partnership, publicity, community relations, special projects, content building, collaborating with vendors etc
- Investigate potential markets
- Reviewing government statistics and destination analytics
- Analyze and monitor competition's sales/promotional activities
- Recommend to the Area Director of Sales & Marketing the kind of marketing activity which will be most productive for the resorts by analyzing the effectiveness of past campaigns, reviewing analytics and trends and consulting with partners and vendors
- Procure new and repeat business for the resort by maintaining contact with Airlines, Travel Agencies, Commercial Houses, Private Clubs and Professional Associations within the community and neighboring markets.
- Deliver Crowne Plaza Brand Promise and Service Signatures to daily work.
- Enhance the image of the resort in the local community.
- Participate as an active member of the community through associations, memberships and other trade organizations
- Review regularly activity reports of Marketing personnel to ensure targets and Sales objectives are being met.
- Review regularly internal promotion pieces for visual effect and ensure they conform with brand standards.
- Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & beverage sales within the community, including special events, collaborations, partnerships, competitions, parties, gastronomic festivities, etc.
- Interact with individuals outside the resorts, including clients, Convention Bureaus, local Resort Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors, partners, media, vendors and other members of the local community.
- Review regularly the Public Relations activities to ensure high awareness of the resort in the local and national media.
- Manage the development of new products and services.
- Oversee the development of new marketing strategies.
- Conduct market research.
- Maintain good communication with Regional Sales and Marketing personnel and implement corporate initiatives
- Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management need
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
- Be responsible in keeping the property safe and secure, to participate in any resort activity related to Fire Life safety.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments which may be assigned by management when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Champion environmental and sustainability initiatives of the resorts
What we need from you
**US Citizen or US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) Holder is required. Must be legally work in US/Guam for any employer without restriction**
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration/Hotel Management
2. Service years
Four (4) years of similar positions or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Opening experienced is preferred
3. Knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required.
- Good Communication and writing skills.
- Strong negotiation skill
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the resort, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Tasks and Project Management Skills
Fluent in both English and Korean (speaking, listening, reading and writing) required.
5. Preferred (if required)
- Frequently standing and moving about the facilities.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling products, objects, or equipment
- Communicating with staff and management
What we offer
In return we'll provide you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include Health (medical, dental & vision) insurance, a 401k plan with company match, Paid Time Off and Employee Discount. A chance to become part of the global IHG family - opening a door to endless career opportunities. We’re passionate about growing our talent. We’ll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – Our colleagues share some winning characteristics: we work better together, we trust and support each other, we aim higher by looking for better ways to do things, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.