Account Officer (Piutang Usaha), InterContinental Singapore
Merek Hotel: Hotel InterContinental
Lokasi: Singapura, Singapura Pusat, Singapura
Hotel: InterContinental - Singapura (SINHB)
Job number: EMEAA32926
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
· Assist in the timely billing of accounts
· Maintain a filing system for account receivable records
· Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update accounts receivable system
· Handle correspondence and queries regarding city ledger accounts
· Assist in the reconciliation of accounts, including credit cards and online portals
· Calculate travel agent commissions and other F&B related commissions
· Process refunds and chargebacks
· Aid Credit Manager in her absence to support credit related queries
· Respond to and resolve account queries
· Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs
· Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations
· Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and enforce these in your areas
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Ensure security incidents and accidents are logged, investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes
What we need from you
· Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Accounting or Business Administration or related field, with 1 year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or reservations position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Demonstrate ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Show Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
· Possess problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities with good writing skills.
· Experience in working internationally and cross- culturally in the hospitality industry
· Able to quickly and accurately assess the scope of implementation of proposed innovation and keeping in with the current trends and innovation in the industry
· Extensive and credible appreciation of brands
· Enquiring mind with an understanding of innovation and guest experience and the challenges involved in implementing successful change within the hotel operation
· Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills. Able to network and influence peers and senior management with credible and compelling arguments
· Must be challenging, diplomatic and able to work across all levels of the organization
· A good ‘real world’ sensibility when applying strategic solutions
· High level of capability and credibility in influencing colleagues across functions
· High degree of personal drive, self-starter and able to work independently without regular direct management
· Able to apply creative methodologies and thinking to the tasks
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; articulate, persuasive & influential; systematic and timely
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Complimentary Pass to Singapore Zoo and Night Safaru
- Monthly Employee Recreational Activity
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Medical Benefit
- Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com