Marque de l'hôtel: InterContinental Hotels
Lieu: Suisse, Genève, Genève
Hôtel: InterContinental - Geneve (GVAHA)
Job number: EMEAA35269
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, InterContinental Genève is proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse team is the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Lebanese Chef :
For this key position, your main duties will be to:
- Establish and prepare menus and compose dishes related to Lebanese and International cuisine for the restaurants and the bars, for banquets and cocktails as well as for the Room Service.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in Lebanese cuisine in order to innovate and offer new concepts and dishes.
- Know perfectly the Lebanese culture in order to respond to any questions from guests and staff.
- Introduce the Kitchen brigade to Lebanese gastronomy and teach them special recipes and technics.
- Organize, coordinate activities and preparations, ensure that recipes are respected.
- Supervise and give instructions to the Kitchen brigade.
- Work in collaboration with the other managers in the F&B Department.
- Regularly analyze the activities and trends of the competition.
What we need from you
With a higher degree of education in Culinary Arts, you have 3 to 5 years of experience within oriental restaurants and have a perfect command of Lebanese/Arabic cuisine.
You speak Arabic and have good knowledge in French and/or English.
Highly organized and focused, you are acknowledged for your rigor and for your ability to work under pressure. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are autonomous, reactive and flexible. You aim to share your passion and knowledge of Lebanese gastronomy with your guests and your colleagues and are willing to help when needed.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.