Hairdresser & Salon Receptionist
Marque d'hôtel: Hôtels InterContinental
Emplacement: Australie, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hôtel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA22999
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
Hairdresser and Spa Receptionist is a rare and unique opportunity to join the Spa team in a dual position. You will be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience as Spa Receptionist making appointments, recommending treatments, and opening and closing the spa. Confident and competent in all aspects of hairdressing, including Men’s and Ladies hair cutting, blow-dry and special occasion styling, you will also deliver salon services when required to our valued guests.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have:
• Minimum qualification of Certificate 3 in Hairdressing with 3 years minimum as a qualified hairdresser in the industry
• Experienced and confident in Bridal and Special occasion Hair styling, and able to continue to build the salon’s wedding profile.
• Barbering and Make up skills highly regarded.
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities as part of the resort’s $135 million dollar refurbishment including excellent accommodation with twin rooms, king rooms, apartments and townhouses, a dedicated staff pool, staff beach, two gyms, bar, diner, laundry, boutique shop and more.
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Event Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, Pilates, group bushwalks, cooking classes, BBQ’s, markets and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training and online IHG courses.
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties
How to Apply
Please visit our Careers Page for all details regarding living and working on Hayman Island at: https://haymanisland.intercontinental.com/careers/ or click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers