General Mechanic- Hotel Indigo LES
Marque de l'hôtel : Hôtel Indigo
Lieu : États-Unis, New York, New York
Hotel: Lower East Side New York (NYCOS), 171 Ludlow Street, 10002
Job number: 102179
Do you see yourself as a General Mechanic? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. Hotel Indigo Lower East Side is conveniently located in Lower Manhattan. It’s vital and energetic, changing yet still completely New York City. Once notoriously overcrowded and gritty, the Lower East Side is now one of Manhattan’s coolest neighborhoods. It is the birthplace of vibrant street art and continues to inspire visitors to explore, play, create and thrive.
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as a General Mechanic you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
Key Skills & Experiences
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt.
- A high school diploma or related vocational training.
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like Quore, Opera, etc.
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures.
- CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal.
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot.
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
- Push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion?
The salary range for this role is 29.63-39.51 USD hourly. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City, NY. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through https://careers.ihg.com/en/ or through https://careers.ihg.com/en/internal-careers if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.