Hôtel de franchise - Directeur des opérations
Marque de l'hôtel : Indépendant (SPHC)
Situation géographique : États-Unis, Missouri, Columbia
Hôtel : Indépendant (SPHC) - Hôtel Tigre - (COUVO)
Numéro d'emploi : FRCOUVO803
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The Tiger Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Columbia, Missouri. The Tiger Hotel is just steps away from The University of Missouri's Columbia campus as well as many restaurants, bars, and stores that Columbia's downtown district has to offer.
A full-service boutique hotel, The Tiger offers 62 rooms & suites. Guests enjoy all of the business and first-rate amenities of a luxury hotel including Wi-Fi access throughout the property, multiple dining options, and weekly events.
Our meeting spaces can accommodate 10 to 300 guests, in both historic and thoroughly modern spaces. The Tiger Hotel is the perfect setting for weddings, meetings, conferences, parties, or fundraisers. Our spectacular Grand Ballroom, complete with original crystal chandeliers, ornate plaster moldings, and hardwood floors is quite simply Mid-Missouri's finest event space.
We are the only 4 diamond hotel in Columbia, and in 2014 Expedia rewarded us with the 11th spot in their prestigious Expedia Insiders' Select Award, an annual award recognizing the very best hotels and resorts worldwide. We are also the official hotel for Mizzou Athletics!
Your day to day
The Director of Operations will oversee the operations of this luxury independent boutique hotel. We are looking for an experienced industry leader to guide the success of this vibrant boutique hotel. Our chosen candidate will demonstrate an uncompromising eye for detail, innovation, marketing & promotions, public relations, community connectivity, a dynamic leadership style, and the ability to achieve business objectives.
Our candidate must also be able to craft a vision and implement strategies & initiatives to realize that vision and continue to position the hotel appropriately in the market against all competitors. It is important that the Director of Operations can see the big picture, but also pay great attention to the fine details of managing a boutique hotel with many amenities. In other words, the Director of Operations our fine establishment will need the skills of seeing things on not only a macro level, but also for a micro level, with an eye for detail. Our hotel also houses many food and beverage amenities which are a part of the Tiger Hotel family of businesses, Glenn's Café, Vault, Twain & The Industry.
What we need from you
- Competitive compensation
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Paid time off
What we offer
The Director of Operations must possess exceptional leadership skills, and must be resourceful, highly self- motivated & innovative, possess a strong work ethic, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and be able to guide & direct work teams, individuals, and global hotel operating departments to achieve financial objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage everyday assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Manage everyday activities, plan, and assign work and ensuring you always have the right staff.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback and create performance and development goals for colleagues and recognized good performance.
- standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently.
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive-connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff, assist in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Help in the development, implementation, and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel. Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all departments.
- Monitor and report variances against budget and control labor costs and other expenses.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and the brand loyalty.
- Foster positive relationships with guests and all staff members
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review guest feedback and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests. Train team members to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotels policies and procedures. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned, may also serve as manager on duty.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration or Business Administration or applicable
- 5 plus years in hotel experience and at least 2 years in a supervisor setting
- Previous luxury boutique hotel or experience in a hotel of similar size and complexity preferred.
- Must speak fluent English.